Wednesday, June 22, 2011

NYC: The appetizer to my trip

Well, my time here in NYC is coming to an end. I've had a great time with old friends, wandering about aimlessly, and taking it all in. Its been hot, well, its been warm. Today it even rained a bit and I got some good use out of my skirts. I spent a good time at the Met yesterday which I loved and got lost several times in Central Park. I even saw old coworkers from SFDS (Ms Phillips and Ms Harris) and we got lunch! Kate has been a wonderful host to have me on her couch for four nights. Now that I have experienced NYC in both the ultra cold months and some summer time action I can honestly say that I don't have that desire many young people have to live here. It is nice and busy, but sometimes too busy for my taste. Everything is so BIG and it does not need to be.

Now I need to re-pack to fly to London. On my flight from SF to NYC my backpack weighed 56 (!) pounds, but I have to get it to 50 or below to fly across the Atlantic. My first of many trials I will need to outwit on my trip. I am thankfully not as nervous as I was while I was in SF, I think now I just want to be there. Everything is in order and I have a window seat. Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment