Sunday, June 26, 2011

A horse! My kingdom for a horse!

I spent the afternoon sitting in a cafe drinking some tea when I thought I should walk about and see what was around. What I found was a Chipotle and I was hungry. As I ordered my burrito with too many "what's?" to the person assembling my lunch the young man who rang my order up asked me how my day was going. He was American and he could tell I was as well. I said my day was going fine. I asked him how his day was. He said great, that he was going to go see Kevin Spacey in Richard III. I was stoked. I asked him where and I promptly figured out the quickest route to the theater.


I queued up for a ticket and was sold a return 2 minutes before curtain. Thank goodness I'm quick at peeing. It was amazing. And I had a great seat too, only for 20 pounds! The show starred Kevin Spacey as Richard III and the production was directed by Sam Mendes (American Beauty fame). Wowie. I'll be honest to say I didn't know the storyline beforehand so everything was a surprise, but the constant deaths of all the characters weren't. I think I need to stop reading so much Song of Ice & Fire for a while because I kept drawing too many comparisons. Ask me, if you're interested. Most of you aren't.


No comments:

Post a Comment