Friday, June 24, 2011

I'm here and rested

Yesterday I flew in, exhausted, not sleeping on the plane to face off with the gentleman in customs. I honestly didn't think I'd be asked so many questions like how much money I have, why I can take off so much time from work, if I had a return ticket, where else am I going. I got flustered and started sweating, probably from the lack of sleep, but eventually he let me go. Checked into my hostel, crashed, then re-grouped to wonder about.

I found some big named sights like Big Ben and got lost somewhere around Picidilly. I think my favorite part of England so far is how well people are dressed! Men in nice fitting suits and women in sharp looking outfits. Makes me want to step up my game.

I've met some nice people in the hostel but I'm not going out of my way to make best friends just yet. I'm still dazed at the fact I have over a month ahead of me with no obligations. I can do whatever I want whenever. Now I'm waiting endlessly for a bunch of men in red outfits to walk and change places, just like they do everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment