Saturday, June 25, 2011

Adventure #2: More alone than usual

I am sleeping in an 8 bed room and have not been sleeping all that well the past two nights.  Last night I went to bed around 11pm thinking that I'll try to get a good night's rest so I can go do awesome things in the morning.  But it doesn't fail, I wake up around 5am totally awake so I decide to read for a bit because breakfast won't open for awhile and nobody is awake to talk to.  After 30 minutes of reading I try to go back to bed so I can go eat some toast before it's all gone from the kitchen.....
.....Suddenly I wake up with a start to the sound of drums.  What?  I hear a parade outside my window.  Not right outside, but I could very well hear everybody cheering and drums going and brass being blown.  Then I sit up in bed.  Every single bed in my room, save mine, is empty.  All those people I sort of knew, gone.  Their belongings are gone.  The seven beds were made up with new bed linens.  Even the shower was clean.  It is suddenly 12:30pm and I have missed breakfast, 7 people packing up and leaving after getting ready, a cleaning person making up all the beds including my top bunk, and half of a parade.  I guess I was more tired than I thought.  I wish I could say I took some Tylenol PM to help me sleep but I didn't.  That extended sleep was au naturel.  Now I must depart, the guy on the computer left of me reeks of bad cologne. 
 
The adventures I am sure will keep coming so please keep reading.  My first week of travel is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment