Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Adventure #1: Conversions

It all started when I left SFO super early several days ago. When I put down my bag on the scale somebody was doing the same next to me. I was amazed the scale next to my bag said 56 pounds! So I had it in my sleepy head that I somehow really overpacked and was carrying 56 pounds comfortably on my back. I was stressing in NYC on how I'd get rid of 6 pounds so I didn't have to pay extra. I did all I could. I arrive at JFK early so I could weigh my bag to be within the 50 lbs (23 kgs) limit. I was at 24 lbs. What? I did it again. Then I thought. Real hard. Turns out when I first weighed my bag in SFO my bag weight showed up next to the other scale and the guy next to me was he one with the 56 lbs bag. I'm less than half the max weight allowance. This is going to be a long trip in the metric system.

No comments:

Post a Comment