Friday, July 1, 2011

A strange new hostel mate

I am in Liverpool and have checked into the oddest hostel yet. I was only able to reserve two nights out of three and I was hoping once I got here I'd be able to make it all three nights in one place. He said no availability but I'll ask again tomorrow hoping for a cancellation. I am in a 10 bed mixed dorm. The vibe of the place is hospital ward with ikea furniture and really hip music piped in all the large empty rooms. There is no one here except for reception, an Asian kid watching anime on his laptop, and me. Really? No availability tomorrow??!? I find my large room with many beds in it and I am the only one in it. There is stuff at three other beds but it is midnight and I haven't seen any sight of them. Maybe I should be out at a pub but after my chaotic day of crying a lot and riding trains I decide to go bed. As I'm in my top bunk (tired of hitting the top of my head) I turn off the lights and settle down. Then I hear this sound of LICKING in my room. LICKING. My mind goes a mile a minute. Maybe I'm not alone in here. Maybe one of the others hostelmates was under a bed hiding when I came in. Maybe it's a zombie. I turn on the light and see a goddamn cat in the middle of the room bathing itself. A freaking cat. In my hostel room. I say hello and it walks over to smell all my stuff. Who does this cat think they are? After my year with Ness I now speak fluent cat and lured it into the hallway and closed the door. Win! It must have come in through the open window. I swear, if it's back again in the morning I will be on edge for the rest of my time here.

In other news, I've been in Liverpool for three hours and love it. I want to have my 35 birthday here with as many friends as possible. Maybe we can all rent this cat hostel together.

No comments:

Post a Comment