Saturday, July 16, 2011

Highland Pisser

Oh my. I haven't checked in since Manchester. Time to change that!

I got into my hostel in Edinburgh and it was the best one yet! Very close to the corner where I used to flier for SBJM. One night I was there it was a hostel pub crawl and I decided to go along. As I was getting ready in the room I noticed the girl on my bottom bunk was getting ready to go out on the pub crawl too! Rosemary and I latch on to one another and have a blast meeting all sorts of people: a Dutch, a south carolinian, and oodles of Aussies and Canadians. I had a lot of fun and this was just the beginning of a fun week.

I board my bus for the five day highland trip and I instantly see a girl I pub crawled with! Already two minutes into this adventure and I have a friend. The group is all ages all nationalities all ready for fun. The 23 of us spend the next several days seeing amazing sights, eating haggis, drinking, having more than one tartan toga party, experiencing rusty nails, listening to hours of stories from our tour guide, and respecting any hangovers. We had a blast and became a tight knit group. I am so thankful to have had this experience. Good friends too! I hope some of them visit in SF. Except for those many under 21 year-olds I met... I'll expect them to visit when they are of age. Tons of photos to come.

Now I'm in Glasgow. It's okay. I left my heart in Edinburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment