Sunday, July 17, 2011

Glasgow....

I was in Glasgow for two days. I didn't do much.

When I got in I felt ragged and sick, I think someone on the highland trip gave me their sickness. From the train station it turned out my hotel was 2 miles away so I huffed it with all my stuff on my back. I got in and the guy behind the desk was so happy he was able to put me and another American in a two bunk room. Texas wouldn't stop talking about everything and anything. She had apparently washed some items in the sink and turned on the heater to have it dry. But by bedtime we could not get the heater to turn off. I opened the window and tried to sleep off my sickness. I woke up at 3am in a sweat and my throat closed off. I was top bunk and it was hot as a witches womb up there. I gathered up my items and in a groggy state I went to the front desk. The night guard tried to show me how a real man turns off a heater... but he couldn't either. He took pity on me because he said he hates sleeping in heat as well. I got a two bed room upstairs to myself to pass out in and pass out I did. When I woke up around 11am the cleaning lady put me in another room for my last night which was a queen sized bed and shower/bathroom attached! Heaven! I went into town to buy medicine and watch Harry Potter. Then back to my room to watch BBC tv and tried to figure out who these celebrities were. I recognized David Hasselhoff and his daughters but no one else. Thanks chatty Texas girl! You get to be stuck in a hot room with s small TV because you messed with the heater and I don't have have to leave my room for hours (I got the wifi signal too!).

Then I left. Glasgow wasn't that great. A big industrial city with lots of shopping. We'll see if I come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment