Friday, July 1, 2011

Brighton, England

A reflection. I had a fun time spotted with some lonely times. The town was lovely and the beach gorgeous despite the very cold water. The pier was lovely with deck chairs you can sit in to watch the water and when you get bored of that you can gamble away your 2P which I did happily. Lots of tea places who did not mind me sitting and reading for hours. A giantic mansion built by George IV when he was young and single and loved to party. The outside is Indian influenced (think Taj Mahal) and ALL the decorations inside are Chinese. It seemed all out of place but magical az well.

The days in Brighton were warm and the nights were windy.

I am happy I choose a small 6 bed hostel room because the girls I was with were great. The first night I went out with the two young Aussie girls who love London and are starting a four month trip around Europe which I am jealous of. My other two nights two girls closer to my age who were in town for an OT conference took me out. Nothing much but I needed the conversation. I learned UK slang and what sweets to avoid and even some Irish history. Last night as we were walking home two gents were fancy on us and chatted us up. One even took my US phone number and swore to call me (even though he doesnt know my name and called me 'America' all night).

I'll go back to Brighton one day but it will probably be with family.

The thought of 31 more days alone is daunting and I worry that the friends I made briefly in Brighton was a fluke and won't happen again. So I have been proactive and have booked myself a 5 day bus trip in Scotland. Also this way my days will have more direction and I'll have some more history lessons while I'm here. I may be more poor than I thought when I get back to the states but I already look forward to cooking dinner on a regular basis.

Next stop, Liverpool.

No comments:

Post a Comment