Sunday, January 6, 2013

Little blessings that make a huge difference

First off I want to thank those individuals who have contributed to my NZ travel fund. Close friends, those I thought I'd never hear from again, coworkers/friends, people who support my dreams year after year, family. I can't thank you all enough. To slowly realize I am almost 1/5th of the way to my first monetary goal for my visa because of those who love me and my hard work of restraining myself from buying things... what an incredible feeling! I can totally make this!

And then there are the blessings that are right in front of your face that you don't realize. A friendly call to my sister to announce my news turned into long(ish) term storage space for my sentimental possessions I cannot take on my journey.

It is a good day and even when I start to hyperventilate a little bit knowing that I am leaving behind friends, family, a city, and a life that I have already created for myself to go live in a country I have never even visited, I can think about how this is the time in my life I can follow my heart.

Mid-June. I'm looking at you. I'm also looking at you email inbox, as I wait for my application for the visa to be approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment