Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Catching up

It has been much too long since I've last posted.  

Recently Guy and I had a whirlwind trip to California where we got to hug many people.  Several days in San Francisco filled with bars, hangovers, parks, Russian bathhouses, burritos and terrible street parking.  Then it was off to LA for a day at Disneyland and a day at California's Adventure.  But that wasn't all, we also had a mini performance by Skinny Bitch Jesus Meeting (my favorite sketch group, look them up), brunch, a nice dinner with friends, and lots of hugs.  After that, we kept driving South to Encinitas.  Guy met my family at a Pattison Pizza Party, slept in my childhood room, and saw the iconic Moonlight Beach sunset.  Encinitas was filled with reminiscing with family, mostly my sister late one night, burritos, hugs, tears, and a wee sleep it.  But you think we stopped there?  Nope.  We also had a Sunday brunch hosted by Amanda and a wedding to attend for Alex & Alex.  

I can't believe how much we fit in to 10 days.  I know I didn't spend enough time with people and that hurts my heart.  If I could I would have a week with everybody to catch up but I guess that is not in the cards for me just yet.  

After our crazy quick trip, I got a new job!  I am now working as an administrator to an artsy college here in Christchurch.  It is a small office and I came in the week of graduation.  Needless to say, I was thrown into the thick of it real quick.  My new colleagues are super nice, even as I am still learning their names and faces, but it is very different to work with young adults in an educational setting as opposed to little kids.  I still miss the joy that children have when they lose a tooth.  

I get to walk into work everyday alongside the park, I often see friends I know on their way to work which always reminds me what a small place Christchurch is.  I get to witness roadworks going up and coming down several weeks later as the city is rebuild one small section at a time.  Summer is definitely here with sunrises at 5:30am and sunsets at 9:15pm.  Recently temperatures were in the high 20's/low 30's and we went to the beach!  I am now golden tanned.  A tan I have not had since I was 16, well not since San Francisco came into my life. 

Guy is still plugging along at his job.  No news there but maybe in the near future there may be some developments.  But I'll write about that when a decision has been made.

Ness has had her own set of ups and downs.  We believe a neighbourhood cat got into the house, when the back door was left open, and sprayed at least three times in the hallway WHILE WE WERE SLEEPING.  The smell has been throwing off Ness and she became super agitated at daily life, re-spraying over the outdoor cat's marks, being very un-Ness.  After lots of worrying her humans bought Feliway and Ness is getting better.  Who knew that a synthetic cat pheromone could work so well!  Unfortunately she is still spraying, I'm still cleaning carpets but after an expensive trip to the vet (where Ness got her first xray) we have antibiotics and other inflammatory medicines.  Hopefully she'll beat this nasty UTI but so far, half way into treatment, she is less chatty and with an increase of lap cuddles.  Ness is even starting to have hair re-grow on her catfolds and has lost a bit of weight!  She is a new agile cat, may it continue to be a good and happy thing with no more urine soaked carpet.

Other than this, we still are in our crappy little flat and Guy has promised me we will move in February.  Rent prices will hopefully be coming down soon and we can find a cute place that is still within walking distance to work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment