Friday, June 7, 2013

Happy tears

It all started with a proclamation
 

Then I had the best day ever.  What did I experience?  All my favorites:  popcorn, kiwi's, fritos, salami.  I had grade levels sing to me which touched my heart more than I ever thought I could experience.  Second grade moved me to tears and I will never be able to forget it.  Kindergarten sang me their "Ivy Leaf" song which is filled with memories from all the years gone by.  Fifth grade sang a rousing rendition of "Happy Miss Pattison Day" which made me smile from ear to ear.  I was serenaded by a band a of teachers and 7th graders.  I collected handmade cards from numerous kids as well as getting post-it notes back to myself.  I hugged more kids than I ever could have dreamed.  Some children hugged me multiple times.  My desk was covered with flowers of all kinds.  I got chocolate.  So much dark chocolate.  I had the amazing gift of NZ money so I can have a drink in the Auckland airport bar.  And the parents... showed me such gratitude via my Paypal widget I cannot even comprehend the love.  How do I repay a community that loves me so dearly?  So throughly?  So wonderfully?  I cannot.  I am blessed to have these people in my life.  My heart swells to limits I never knew about.  

Needless to say that I cried all day.  They were happy tears.  To feel as loved as I felt today is amazing and indescribable (I want to cry just typing this out).  I love my Day School families.  I love my Day School kids.  If I wasn't so excited about my upcoming NZ experience, I might want to stay.  I know I am young but now I know what it feels like to be apart of the biggest family you could ever dream of.  To know I can always come back and see them makes this "goodbye" that much easier. 


                        

I have so many people to thank for today.  They know who they are.  June 7th, 2013 will forever be one of my better days ever.  I love everyone and everything.  Thank you for today.  Thank you all for everything.  I couldn't have asked for anything more.  I look forward to having a NZ refrigerator filled with child artwork and memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment