Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I become an expat on July 3rd




It is very official.  I am leaving.  I have my flight.  I leave July 3rd to enter NZ on July 5th.  Perhaps I should start writing my dates they way they do?  "3 July is when I leave".  That will always seem backwards to me. This will be my third consecutive Fourth of July I will miss.  Will they served BBQ on the flight and show video of fireworks?  Can I get rowdy from beer and sing all American songs I know on top of my lungs? 

This experience is becoming very real to me now.

RIP Grandma Pattison.  Thank you for being the motivation I needed to kick myself in the butt and get things going.  Life may last awhile but it is never too late to get started on your dreams and to see them bloom into full reality. 

3 comments:

  1. I thought you were planning to go to Poland first? So glad it's official and 100% happening! Woot woot! Love you and miss you, Mer

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Europe this summer. Moving my life to NZ will be exciting enough!

    ReplyDelete