Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Week One - Planned


The map to the left is the basic route I will be taking. My trip has undergone several transformations and here is the most updated plan (starting in London, traveling . I will now travel by train while I am on the island of Britain and then ferry over to Dublin. Sadly I will not have enough time to make it to Belfast, the Isle of Man, and the Isle of Skye, but this means I'll have a reason to come back and visit again!

Today I booked my first six nights at a hostel in London very close to Buckingham palace. I can't wait to be a full blood tourist walking along the Thames, watching the changing of the guards, and touring the palace.

Things are starting to get expensive but I guess I knew that would happen. The best thing about planning early is that I can pay off things before they even happen. Google is being a best friend in this planning phase. I have my list in google word of sights to see, a spreadsheet of my costs, a calendar of where I'll be staying and when, and finally many maps of the entire trip and trips around the cities I'll be visiting. Neat huh? Technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment